Sunday, September 19, 2010

Craft This! Weekly - September 20, 2010

The inspiration word for this week's Craft This! Weekly challenge was organize. What room in my home couldn't benefit from a little organization? The answer is that I could use a LOT of inspiration to organize my entire home. Since this is "Craft This! Weekly", I got inspired by organize, and spent some quality time organizing my craft supplies and project lists.

I know... there are RULES. You're supposed to make something inspired by the chosen word. That being said, one of the most key things about Craft This! Weekly is that it is meant to encourage people to take the inspiration from the word and go out and do something - sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but at the end of the week, you've done something new.

So I broke the rules, I followed my inspiration, and my crafting spaces are better for it, I think.

I freecycled a bag of knitting needles and a lot of yarn, filled a bag full of scraps to stuff toys with, and bagged up "project bags" and boxes filled with specific materials for projects. Keeping everything all together should make it easy to just go for it when inspiration hits, right?

Some of the things on the agenda in the next little while:

etsy 140

A knitted owl vest that needs only a collar put on it.

etsy 142

Bags of projects. Knitted vegetables and knitted Sheldon the turtle for stocking stuffers, socks for a special someone, and more!

etsy 143

Two of my larger project boxes. A knitted fishy blanket and my goal of donating 1,000 preemie items.

etsy 141

A basket of yarn waiting to be turned into nice warm mittens for the shop.

etsy 144

A very small peek at the very special quilting project that I have on the go right now.

Jessica at Pecan Sandies followed the rules and made great storage cubes. Read all about it here.



This week's inspiration word is Halloween! Let's see what spooky crafts you come up with!

Please enter your addition to last week's "organize" theme below.

No comments:

Post a Comment