Friday, August 13, 2010

Craft This! Weekly - August 13th

Do you ever have one of those crafting days where it feels like everything you touch is gold? Maybe it's the day that you finally learned to cable, if you are a knitter; or the day you learned how to do a french seam, if you sew.

The day that I accepted this week's challenge was not one of those days. I have loads of experience putting zippers into pouches, and the zipper on this holiday inspired GPS case is not set well at all. I regularly do machine quilting - my name banners are my most popular item.... yet the quilting on this pouch is zaggy. The design is not spot on, and the whole thing was just one big face-palm.

That's OK, though.... because this challenge isn't in place so that every week you come away with a perfect product. It is about being inspired to try new things, go outside of your comfort zone (which actually - this pouch shouldn't have been outside of my comfort zone), and sometimes to make some mistakes.

etsy 049


In spite of the fact that I had a lousy sewing day, my husband loves his new GPS pouch.

Jess at Pecan Sandies made a fantastic Halloween costume - it's a 19th Century inspired toddler dress. I absolutely adore this! Follow the link and read all about it here.

19th Century Inspired Dress


I've asked Megan from Gifts and Occupation to come up with a theme for this week, and she chose "School". Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Please enter a picture of the craft that you made with "holiday" inspiration below. Add a link to your blog if you have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment